Trip and Falls due to Broken Sidewalks

Trip-and-Fall Attorneys Helping People With Severe Injuries New Yorkers and others in surrounding areas walk on sidewalks every single day. Sidewalks are one of the easiest things in the world to take for granted. Easy, that is, until you or someone you love trips and falls on an uneven, cracked or broken sidewalk. A trip-and-fall injury can cause extensive injury that can impact every part of your life. If you have been injured in a trip-and-fall accident on a sidewalk, it is important to work with legal counsel who will help you recover full compensation for these injuries.For years, Dankner Milstein, P.C., has represented people throughout New York City and the surrounding areas. Our partners have more than 100 years of combined legal experience and have helped countless people recover the financial resources they need to move forward after a severe injury. Our New York sidewalk injury lawyers understand what is necessary to present a strong premises liability claim for your damages, and are ready to hold those responsible accountable.

Who Is Responsible for Maintaining Broken or Uneven Sidewalks?

The answer to this question will determine who you will file suit against. In New York City, property owners, except for property owners of one-family, two-family and three-family homes, are responsible for the keeping the sidewalks on their property safe. In Long Island, some local governments are responsible for maintaining the sidewalks, while other local governments place this responsibility on property owners.

Therefore, in many cases you will be suing a private property owner. In other situations you will be bringing suit against a government entity. There are critical differences between filing a lawsuit against a government entity and a private property owner. Most importantly, individuals have stricter time frames to bring lawsuits against government entities. The sooner you contact our Queens cracked sidewalk injury law firm, the sooner we can begin our investigation.

Contact Dankner Milstein, P.C.

We take all injury cases on a no recovery, no fee basis. To talk to a member of our team about your injuries, call 212.751.8000 or complete our contact form. If you are unable to travel to one of our office locations, we can travel to you.

Se habla español.