Jay W. Dankner
Location: New York, New York
Phone: 212.751.8000 (Call Now!)
JAY W. DANKNER was born, raised and educated in Brooklyn, New York. After graduation from law school in 1973, he joined the firm of the legendary, Harry H, Lipsig, under whose tutelage he learned the intricacies of civil litigation and trials. He tried and won his first case against General Motors in a case involving a design defect within weeks after his admission. Thereafter, he focused his attention on the emerging and developing field of law known as products liability litigation.
At the age of 25, he became a partner at the Lipsig firm and soon founded and expanded its products liability department. In 1994, after over twenty years with that firm and its successors, he founded Dankner & Milstein, P.C. with Edward P. Milstein, who was the partner in charge of the medical malpractice department at the Lipsig firm.
Mr. Dankner has been trial counsel in hundreds of cases, obtaining many multi-million dollar verdicts. He has also been responsible for many of the landmark products liability cases in New York State, both at the appellate level and at the Court of Appeals.
A member of many professional societies and organizations, Mr. Dankner has been consistently named as a New York Super Lawyer (The Top 100), the New York Area’s Best Lawyers, the Leading Plaintiff Lawyers in America, The National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 Trial Lawyers in New York, the Best Lawyers in America, and the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He is rated AV® by Martindale-Hubbell. He is also a founding member of the Attorneys Information Exchange Group (AIEG) and is a member of its Board of Directors.
A prolific writer and lecturer, he has appeared over the years as a TV commentator in the fields of personal injury and products liability litigation.
Now, as principal at Dankner Milstein, P.C., he and the firm continue to act as counsel for plaintiffs in high profile cases involving significant injuries and deaths in the fields of products liability, medical malpractice and general personal injury litigation.
Areas of Practice
- Products Liability
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New York, 1974
- Florida, 1974
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1975
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. (Cum Laude)
- Brooklyn College
- B.A. (Cum Laude)
Honors and Awards
- Top Ten Personal Injury Attorneys in New York, 2016 (for 10 years in a row) by National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys
- New York Super Lawyers, 2006 – 2016
- Best Lawyers in America, 2007 – 2015
- 2014 Best Lawyer of the Year- Products Liability Litigation, NYC Metropolitan Area
- AVVO Client Choice Award – 2014
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers – National Trial Lawyers Association 2013-2016
- The New York Area’s Best Lawyers, 2006 – 2013
- Leading Plaintiffs Lawyers in America, 2007
- Town and Country, Best Lawyers in America, 1985